This section features a listing of organisations that are concerned with or related to copyright and the creative industries. We hope you find the information useful.
About Copyright Legislation
- Jamaica Copyright Act 1993
- The Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works (Paris Text 1971)
- Collection of Laws for Electronic Access (CLEA) - Administered by the World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO), this site contains national legislative intellectual property texts, texts of treaties administered by WIPO, and bibliographic data about each legislative text and treaty.
- Jamaica Intellectual Property Office - JIPO is responsible for administering the laws relating to the conferment of or protection and administration of Intellectual property rights in Jamaica. These include Geographic Indications, Industrial Designs, Copyright and Related Rights, Patents, New Plant Varieties and Lay-out Designs
Other Collectives and Related Sites
- Jamaica Association of Composers Authors and Publishers (JACAP) - Manages performing and recording rights in musical works.
- Jamaica Musical Society (JAMMS) - Administers the broadcasting and public performance rights granted under the Jamaica Copyright Act to copyright owners of sound recording - individual record producers, record labels and record companies.
- Intellectual Property Service Centre (IPC) - Provides a variety of services to intellectual property rights owners and users of intellectual property material
- Jamaica Performers Administration Society (JPAS) - Administers the rights of performers in their live and fixed performances.
- International Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations (IFRRO) - Facilitates, on an international basis, the collective management of reproduction and other rights relevant to copyrighted works through the co-operation of national Reproduction Rights Organisations (RROs). JAMCOPY is a member of IFRRO.
- World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) - is a specialised agency of the United Nations.